Exceptional Legal Counsel

Should I See A Medical Professional After My Accident?

Even if you believe your injuries are minor after an accident, it is always a good idea to seek medical care as soon as possible. Your accident injuries may have latent consequences or exasperate an existing condition in time. If do not get documentation in the form of medical records after your accident, it may be difficult to seek financial compensation for medical expenses, lost or future wages, loss of enjoyment, and pain and suffering, from the person whose negligence causes your accident.

If you are hurt at work, let your boss know right away, if possible. Your employer may direct you to their physician as approved by their workers’ compensation insurance.

Car crash injuries are one of the most typical personal injury claims. The team at Grossman LeMontang De La Fuente, PLLC, can help you after your car accident injuries and other catastrophic injuries, including those involving:

  • Semi-truck accidents; commercial truck collisions
  • Motorcycle accidents
  • Crosswalk/pedestrian accidents
  • Bicycle accidents
  • Boating accidents
  • Premises liability, such as dog bites or slip or trip-and-falls
  • Assault or mugging
  • Drownings
  • Products liability, such as for injuries caused by dangerous or poorly manufactured products
  • Wrongful death

You have up to four years to file a claim against a liable party in Florida for causing your bodily injuries. If you do not file within four years, the law bars you from seeking compensation for your injuries.

If you have on the job injuries, Florida’s Workers’ Compensation Law ensures injured workers receive medical benefits and wage replacement in exchange for an ability to sue their employers.

What Do Personal Injury Lawyers Do?

When someone else’s negligence is the cause of your bodily injuries, you may have a right to sue the negligent, or liable, party for fair compensation to pay for your emergency room bills, medical providers, wages for your time off work, rehabilitation costs and other compensatory damages. But proving duty of care, negligence and collecting evidence of liability can be difficult to do on your own.

Further, insurance adjusters are quick to minimize your injuries or negotiate an insurance claim for a lump sum payment that may not take into account the full scope of your injuries. A personal injury lawyer can ensure you get the medical records you need. They will speak to witnesses, investigate the circumstances of your accident and the accident scene, get expert witnesses to testify on your behalf and pursue all negligent parties who may be at fault in causing your injuries.

Why Do You Need An Attorney For Your Coral Gables Personal Injury Case?

Personal injury lawsuits involve a complex legal process. While the statute of limitations for filing a personal injury claim in Florida is four years, exceptions apply. For example, if the root of your injuries is due to a government agency, such as the bus, you have only up to three years to file a lawsuit. If you only just discovered your injury, you may have a right to file within four years of discovering your injuries. Accidents resulting in catastrophic neck injuries, spinal cord injuries, traumatic brain injury, or a coma could result in an extension to seven years from the date of your accident. Other exceptions apply such as when a minor has severe injuries.

If you are an accident victim, attorney Bruno De La Fuente has the legal experience to help you understand how the statute of limitations applies to your situation, explore your legal options and take legal action if you are only just discovering your injuries.

We Are Here To Exceed Your Expectations. Call Us Today.

When you have severe injuries, it can be difficult to protect your legal rights to the maximum compensation you deserve. Get the legal advice you need. Call GLD Lawyers to speak with South Florida personal injury attorney Bruno De La Fuente for assistance. Call our office at 305-686-2703 or send an email to make arrangements for an initial consultation with an experienced lawyer. We offer legal services in English and Spanish.